Saturday, July 5, 2008

I'm sorry, I am laughing so hard I can't type

Alan Maki sent this letter to the Washington Post. Oh my gosh. Krauthammer is going to keel over from a heart attack.

Rita



Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Ever-Malleable Mr. Obama


Re: The Ever-Malleable Mr. Obama


Mr. Krauthammer,


Not that Obama is a Communist, but your suggestion that Obama switches his ideas more than the “Daily Worker” is absurd; as you are fully aware.


Link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/26/AR2008062603653.html?sub=new


The Daily Worker never switched sides… always siding with the working class.


I think many people are saying, or suggesting--- as you have done with your Daily Worker comparison--- that Obama must be a Communist because his “mentor,” Frank Marshall Davis, was a Communist.


Having been a Little League coach and a Communist--- I still am a Communist, too old for coaching--- many parents told me their children looked upon me as their “mentor.” Perhaps I unwittingly created a bunch of Communists? Lol! Wouldn’t that be something? Now there is something for you and your right-wing friends to have nightmares over! Get those old FBI agents out going over eight years of team rosters … you might find a Communist or two.


What the heck, you should even have these special agents check on the teams we played… at least that will keep a few people employed for a couple years.


With that said, I would suggest that you actually read some of the old “Daily Workers” and Frank Marshall Davis’ own writings like “Livin the Blues” and “The Writings of Frank Marshall Davis;” you might get an education; plus you might sleep better knowing that perhaps Obama will be using Davis’ writings as kind of a “measuring stick” to determine how much progress he makes.


Besides, so what if Obama is a Communist? Last time I read the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights I didn’t notice any exclusionary provisions against Communists holding the highest office in this land; but, I do notice in reading the same documents that George Bush and Dick Cheney have committed a number of impeachable offenses. Come on Mr. Krauthammer, you can’t possibly believe Obama could be any worse than George Bush whose only remaining hard-core base of support comes from the John Birch Society?


By the way, I wouldn’t walk across the street to vote for Barack Obama; it doesn’t look like he will need my vote to win anyways... looks to me like he will win a landslide over the Republicans no matter what, just because your Presidential choice is as rotten and corrupt as the capitalist system itself.


Right about now I think about all Obama would have to say between now and Election Day is that his first act will be nationalization of the oil industry for perpetrating this robbery at the pumps and he and Michelle can take a vacation until Inauguration Day.


Perhaps if Obama were a more principled Communist I would run to the polls to vote for him.


I guess your red-baiting must be in response to your frustration of realizing your beloved capitalist system is on the skids to oblivion.


Obama is too wishy-washy for me, too.


Where is the Daily Worker and Earl Browder when you need them?


I’m voting for Cynthia McKinney.


You probably have already figured out that I would never vote Republican unless Lincoln rose from the grave.


Feel free to publish this alternative viewpoint in the Washington Post… bak, bak, bak, bakkkk, bak, bak, bak, baaaaakkkk.


Alan L. Maki

58891 County Road 13

Warroad, Minnesota 56763

Phone: 218-386-2432

Cell phone: 651-587-5541

E-mail: amaki000@centurytel.net

Check out my blog:

Thoughts From Podunk

http://thepodunkblog.blogspot.com/